Happy Monday! Hope everyone had an amazing three day weekend & July 4th.
Here is a playful (and really yummy) recipe I came up with recently….lots of kicks & giggles for kids & adults Loaded Goldfish Nachos is calling your name.
You gotta love simple recipes that can be served to anyone at any time. These loaded “nachos” actually have no corn chips, but instead I used whole grain Goldfish crackers as the base.
Tasty? Oh yes!
Super quick? Uh huh.
Think about how perfect this would be when you are having a group of kids at your house. We host playdates here often & while the kids are running around I whip up a bunch of these loaded nachos.
All you need to do is cook up some seasoned ground beef, whip up a batch of homemade guacamole. Lay the Goldfish in a microwave safe dish. Layer the meat & lots of shredded cheese on top. Heat for a few minutes until the cheese is melted & gooey. Top with the guacamole & serve with a side of salsa.
Boom! This is a great lunch, dinner snack & party food.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 bag Whole Grain Goldfish Crackers
- 1 Shallot, diced
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese (I love a cheddar & mozzarella blend)
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1 Tomato, seeded & diced (use 1/2 in the guacamole & other 1/2 for topping)
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste
- Green Onion, diced
- Tomato, diced
- Salsa (on the side is good)
- Sour Cream
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil & diced shallot over medium high heat. Stir & cook until slightly browned & fragrant. Add the ground beef, mix in seasonings. Be sure to break up the beef as you cook it. Season with chili powder & smoked paprika. Cook until done. Season with garlic salt & pepper to taste.
- Guacamole: In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Mix in the lime juice. Next mix in the diced shallot & tomato. Season with garlic salt & pepper to taste.
- Assemble the nachos: Spray a microwave safe baking dish with cooking spray. Layer in the Goldfish, then the cooked chopped meat & then the cheese. Microwave on high until the cheese is melted, hot & gooey. Top with the guacamole, tomatoes & green onion. Serve with salsa & sour cream.
Loaded Nachos Recipe Links
- Chicken Nachos Savory and Sweet
- Grande Nachos Delights of Culinaria
- Loaded Nachos Damn Delicious
- Loaded Turkey Taters Nachos Scarletta Bakes
- Spicy California Roll Sushi Nachos I Wash…You Dry
- Sweet Potato Nachos Savory Style