Happy Monday friends! I was in my favorite cheese shop Over the Moon & we got to talking about food. Great food. This shop in Telluride is owned by a mother-daughter team & they stock some of the finest worldly cheeses, cured meats & provisions.
I was introduced to a bag of red chili linguini…a great recipe idea, Southwest Shrimp & Chorizo Pasta…and off I went to cook dinner.
Isn’t that pasta gorgeous? It has a slightly spicy/chili flavor.
If you cannot find it, no worries. Use what you have on hand.
The flavors in the sauce & chorizo will tantalize your taste buds no matter what! I used Kendra’s Kitchen Rub & Southwest Seasoning on the shrimp.
Use your favorite Southwest seasoning blend or make your own.
So if you are craving the tastes of the Southwest then this pasta is for you. Serve with Chardonnay & you are off to the races.
- 1 pound peeled, cleaned & deveined shrimp 45 count
- 8 ounces Red Chili Linguine (or your favorite pasta)
- 8 ounces ground Chorizo Sausage
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning or Make your own
- 1/2 each Yellow, Red & Orange Pepper, diced = 2 cups
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Chives
- Cook pasta to package directions. Rinse & toss with olive oil.
- Cook chorizo in a large saucepan until cooked through, chop it up with cooking utensil. Remove Chorizo from pan.
- Leave chorizo oil in pan, melt butter. Add peppers & garlic, Saute over medium high heat until softened, slightly browned & fragrant about 5 minutes. Toss shrimp with southwest seasoning. Add shrimp to pan. Cook another 5 minutes. Add chorizo & stir. Add pasta into pan. Toss well & serve hot. Top with chives.
- Serve with a 2012 Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay
- Livermore Valley, San Francisco
Shrimp Pasta Recipe Links
- Easy Shrimp Tortellini Bake This Gal Cooks
- Linguine with Shrimp & Artichokes How to Feed a Loon
- Seafood Laska Kitchen Sanctuary
- Pan-Seared Sichuan Shrimp with Glass Noodles Use Real Butter
- Simple Shrimp Scampi I Eat Therefore I Cook
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Shrimp Some the Wiser